Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and Surfside Beach, Florida, may share a name, but they offer distinct experiences for residents and visitors. Here are the key differences between the two Surfside Beach locations:
Surfside Beach, South Carolina:
- Location: Surfside Beach, SC, is situated in Horry County, just south of Myrtle Beach along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Beaches: Known for its 2 miles of pristine beaches, Surfside Beach, SC, is often referred to as “The Family Beach.” The beaches here are quiet and family-friendly, offering a serene atmosphere.
- Vacation Destination: Surfside Beach, SC, is a popular vacation spot, particularly for families. It’s less crowded and tourist-focused compared to nearby Myrtle Beach, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a more relaxed experience.
- Community: With a population of around 4,155, Surfside Beach, SC, is known for its walkable and bike-friendly neighborhoods. It’s a community where locals and visitors can enjoy a laid-back coastal lifestyle.
- Real Estate Market: Currently, there are 105 properties on the market, and 63 homes have been sold.
Surfside Beach, Florida:
- Location: Surfside Beach, FL, is a small town located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. It’s nestled between Miami Beach and Bal Harbour along the southeastern coast of Florida.
- Beachfront: Surfside Beach, FL, offers a mile of public beach, extending from 87th Terrace to 96th Street. It boasts a beautiful shoreline and easy access to the ocean.
- Amenities: In addition to its beachfront, Surfside, FL, features parks, tennis courts, playgrounds, and recreational facilities, making it a great place for outdoor activities.
- Accessibility: Surfside, FL, is conveniently located near Miami and Hollywood International airports, making it accessible for both residents and tourists. Public transportation options are available for those without a car.
- Community: Surfside, FL, is known for its peaceful beaches, a walkable downtown area, and residential neighborhoods. The town has a rich history, dating back to its establishment in 1935.
- Real Estate Market: Currently, there are 111 properties for sale in Surfside, FL, with 60 homes sold, according to the MLS.
In summary, while both Surfside Beach locations offer coastal living and access to beautiful beaches, Surfside Beach, South Carolina, is renowned for its family-friendly atmosphere and quieter beaches, while Surfside Beach, Florida, is prized for its convenient location near major airports and vibrant community amenities. The choice between the two largely depends on the lifestyle and experiences you seek.
Quick Searches for Surfside Beach, FL